It’s no surprise that pineapple is the-fruit for summer. It’s the perfect fruit to eat on a hot summer day and it’s naturally the queen of all fruits thanks to its crown! However Pineapple fact is much more than that. Get to know more interesting Fact behind your favourite fruit with us!
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples contain the bromelain enzyme which can break down proteins, so you can use them to tenderize meat.
- Hawaii produces about 1/3 of all pineapples in the world.
- Pineapples are a cluster of hundreds of fruitlets.
- Pineapples take about 18-20 months to become ready to harvest.
- Pineapples are native to South America before Christopher Columbus discovered them in 1493.
- Pineapple is the only edible fruit of its kind, the Bromeliads.
- One pineapple plant can produce one pineapple at a time.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
Pineapples are also considered an expression of “welcome” throughout the South and symbolizes assets we appreciate in our home – friendship, hospitality and warmth. Moon and Lola is traditionally a southern brand so of course we love the symbolism behind it. Just remember that a pineapple a day keeps the worries away!